Monday 5 May 2014

Scarlett's First Proper Day Out!

Because it's bank holiday Monday, we went for a family day out. My Mum, sister Charlotte, Scarlett and I took a trip to Windsor.



I think everyone else may have had the same idea though as we queued for quite a while before finally getting into Windsor. Then there was the tiny matter of finding somewhere to park and that proved quite difficult. Eventually after driving around numerous car parks for about an hour we finally found somewhere to park. Needless to say Scarlett did not enjoy any of the above!!
 
The weather was okay in Windsor but not as nice as it was in Hertfordshire yesterday. However I much prefer the views in Windsor to Hertfordshire. It is somewhere I would consider living as it would be lovely to have somewhere nice to take a stroll and it is somewhere I would love to ride my bicycle (that I do not own yet, but is on my list of things to buy!)
 
 
Once parked we took a stroll through a beautiful park and watched everyone playing in the fountains. I cannot wait until Scarlett is old enough to do these things (not that I am wishing her life away!). Then we mooched around the shops and once again I found myself buying yet more baby clothes, as Gap had 30% off which ended today, so I didn't want to miss out!! We then grabbed an icecream and walked down the River Thames, Scarlett loved looking at the water. Next to the river was yet another park/green where people gathered in groups and were having barbeques, playing games and just generally having fun! It made me wish I had a big family to do this with, although I love my family the way it is!

I used to visit Windsor when I was a small child with my Nana and Grandad so it was lovely to return and relive these memories but with Scarlett and her Nana. There are lots of old photo's of my sisters and I outside Windsor Castle and I remember my Nana used to tell us if the flag was flying it meant the queen was there. We always got so excited thinking we were going to meet the queen, obviously we never did! The castle was beautiful just how I remembered and just as in the old photos.


Scarlett loved her day in Windsor just as I did as a child! I hope to make many more memories with Scarlett and her Nana, like I did with my Nana and Grandad.


I would definately recommend a trip to Windsor if you have not been before. Even if you have, go back, it is so peaceful in a busy way!

I hope you have all had a lovely bank holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. All comments are read and will be replied to! If you would like to talk more or have any questions, you can tweet me @Mumma_Blog!